3.08.2006

"Call Me!"

PET PEEVE OF ALL TIME

I'm not sure how to write this in an unoffensive manor to the people who do these things, so forget it ...

I can't handle the people who instant message me to tell me to call them... If they want to talk to me, they can call me, right? On occassion it makes sense - today I got a message online from a friend "I was wondering what you were doing tonight, I am free, if you want to get together, give me a call". See, that is fine - it is a specific question about a specific instance and since I had my away message, and she was possibly just checking email and signing off, it makes sense.

Later tonight I was chatting online with a friend who I im'ed simply to say hi - I do that every now and then. After saying I had to go and would talk to him later, he responded with "call me this weekend". This is a kid who always tells me to call him ... but doesn't call me. If he wants me to call him so badly, how come he never picks up the phone and calls first? People!

Another instance of irritance are those who insist on using the phrase "We have to do lunch sometime", or "Let's get together soon", and then never take the initiative. I always respond with "okay, just call me" (a fine response since the opposite party is the one proposing the meeting, therefore they can do the hunting) - but no one ever calls. If you aren't ever going to call, don't suggest it in the first place.

So there's that ...

3 Comments:

Blogger Brandon J. Brown said...

Guilty sorta... but then, I would really like to "do lunch" but you never call me either... should I then assume that you have not interest since you have not of recent innitiated? Rather would that we are both equally busy and sincere, desire swallowed by deadlines.
On a lighter note... give me a call so we can do lunch soon!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Brandon J. Brown said...

Amazing... a form of communication less personal than email... Blog commenting... Sad that this is how we communicate Sarah, but I will take it over nothing... at least until we can find time to schedule our lunch... I like boats... emily and I just went on a cruise in the bahamas which is why they are on my blog :)

8:07 PM  
Blogger Tory Jane said...

Sarah...

i too am guilty at times... but am glad we had a chance to have lunch in the unknown cafe the other day, and that we were able to work on our breathing.

which nostril is the passive one?

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home